As a service to our residents, we offer a program in which a chartered Homeowner’s Organization, Civic Organization, or Neighborhood Watch may schedule a cleanup for their neighborhood. For neighborhood cleanups we provide a refuse collection vehicle with a driver. We will be available to pick-up trash throughout your neighborhood on a designated Saturday. However, the residents are expected to meet the truck and load the material for the duration of the cleanup. We will not provide a cleanup to apartment and condominium complexes that are served by private trash removal service. Please note there is a very high demand for this service so it may be awhile before we can schedule a clean-up.
If you are interested in the service call us at (804)727-8770.
Examples of the types of items we will collect during a neighborhood cleanup include:
- Brush (must be tied in bundles
- Yard trimmings (must be in bags)
- Household trash
There are some restrictions on the material that we may accept. These restrictions include the following items:
- Major appliances (air conditioners, refrigerators, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, etc.)
- Drums and oil/fuel tanks
- Tree stumps and tree limbs larger than 6 inches diameter and/or 4 feet in length
- Hazardous materials (gas, oil, paint, automobile additives, etc.)
- Building material or construction debris
- Automotive parts