Enroll in Tree Smarts today!
Do you have questions about the trees around your home?
Enroll in Tree SMARTS today!
Trees benefit our lives in many ways, but we often take them for granted. We may not notice their struggles with environmental stresses and poor cultural practices until it’s too late to make a difference. The Henrico County Master Gardeners, in conjunction with the Henrico Extension Office, are offering assistance to Henrico residents providing on-site consultations regarding the care and health of trees.
Enrollment is $10 and includes a copy of “Your Yard, Your Trees: A Homeowner’s Guide” —a 70 page full color book created by the Hoosier Heartland Resource Conservation and Development Council, Backyard Trees Committee.
When you enroll in the Tree Smarts Program, a volunteer team of Master Gardeners will:
- Help you identify tree problems.
- Show you how to maintain healthy trees.
- Advise you on new trees and planting.
You will receive:
- Publications related to your specific needs.
- A comprehensive, easy to read book on tree care.
- A face-to-face session with a Henrico Master Gardener, for up to 45 minutes.
You will learn:
- How to handle “tree trauma.”
- How to care for an older tree.
- Proper planting, pruning, and mulching techniques.
- How to select the right tree for the right spot.
Schedule your personal, at-home consultation today and start enjoying healthy, happy trees! It’s the SMART thing to do and enrollment is easy!
Program runs from April through October.
Enrollment is $10 and includes a copy of “Your Yard, Your Trees: A Homeowner’s Guide”
How to Receive this Service
- Complete the 2016 Tree Smarts Enrollment Form.
- Attach a check or money order for $10 made payable to: Henrico Master Gardener Fund.
- Mail or hand-deliver your enrollment form and check to:
Henrico Extension Office
8600 Dixon Powers Drive
(Human Services Building, 2nd Floor)
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775