Maternity ClinicHealth http://henrico.us/services/maternity-clinic/
The Henrico Health Department works in partnership with VCU Medical Center. Together we provide maternity care for Henrico County clients at the Health Department, which includes medical visits, post-partum care, and nurse office visits. Delivery, acute high-risk care and emergency care are provided at VCU Medical Center. The VCU Medical Center doctors provide 24 hour, on-call care for Henrico Health Department prenatal clients. Pregnancy tests are available in our Multi-Service Clinic at a nominal charge. Please call 804-652-3190 for an appointment. Documentation of pregnancy is required to schedule a prenatal clinic appointment.
Services provided include:
- Medical history
- Routine prenatal lab work
- Prenatal exams by a nurse practitioner or M.D.
- Referrals to community resources as needed
- Nutrition counseling / WIC (Women, Infants, Children)
You will receive information on:
- Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery
- Infant Feeding, Choosing a Pediatrician, Parenting
- Community Resources
- Family planning options
Medicaid, Medicaid HMO’s and some private insurance are accepted.
If a patient does not have insurance, services are provided on the State of Virginia Sliding Scale Fee Schedule according to ability to pay. Proof of Income is required.
- You must bring three (3) check stubs for the past three consecutive pay periods or a pay stub with year-to-date totals.
- A current year income tax form (must be signed by preparer and filed with IRS).
- Self-employed: Must bring the income tax form and the Schedule C. You may also bring ledgers that show business revenues and expenses.
- Statement from employer. Letter should be on company letterhead, dated, signed by a company official, and include the gross pay for the past three consecutive pay periods.
- A signed letter from the Department of Social Services to determine eligibility.
- Unemployed: If patient is not working, member of household financially responsible should provide proof of income. A statement from the Virginia Employment Commission stating the amount of benefits and the weeks remaining is accepted.
- Alimony/Child Support: A legal document (divorce papers, judgments, custody papers, copies of checks, writen declaration) must be presented.
You have 30 days to provide Proof of Income. After that you will be charged full fee until we can verify your income. Payment is required at the time of your appointment so bring cash, check or credit card with you. For extreme financial hardship, payment plans are available. We need to be informed of ANY medical insurance IMMEDIATELY.
How to Receive this Service
All Maternity Clinic visits are at the East Clinic and are by appointment only. Call 804-652-3190 for an appointment