Day Support & Vocational Services
Day & Vocational Services
- We are licensed by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services.
- We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- We offer a continuum of services that meet a wide range of needs and desires.
- Hermitage Enterprise serves individuals from Henrico County. Provides all of the options listed below.
- Cypress Enterprises serves individuals from Charles City and New Kent Counties. Offers a combination of the services listed below.
- Assesses individual skills and interests in employment
- Helps individuals find jobs and works with them to stay employed.
- Enables individuals to work directly for a company in the community, earning at least minimum wage.
- Includes jobs that vary in hours, days of the week, salary and benefits.
- Provides a job coach for one on one support until training is complete and on-going follow-up support thereafter. This support can include re-training and job replacement as needed.
Group Employment – Enclaves/Mobile Work Crews
- Work is in the community at an employers work site.
- 4 to 8 individuals work with a Training Specialist.
- Wages vary from piece rate to minimum wage or higher.
- Individuals receive their paycheck either from Henrico County or from the employer, depending on the site.
- Type of work varies from production to lawn care to quality control.
- Schedules are generally Monday through Friday, although it may vary based on the employer’s requests.
Sheltered Employment At A Workshop
- These programs concentrate on work skills as their primary function.
- Contract work is performed at one of our centers – Hermitage Enterprises or Cypress Enterprises.
- Wages are paid based on competitive rates and are generally paid on a piece-rate basis. Some work is paid at an hourly rate.
- Consumer employees work with staff in ratios that are approximately 8 to 1.
- Emphasis is on improving work skills and level of independence. When work is not available, activities are provided that enhance skills that lead to better work skills. These may include leisure activities designed to increase stamina or motor skills, exercise, or participation in volunteer activities.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday.
Other Day Services Options
- We currently have two programs that work to increase independence and expand the skills of individuals.
- The STEP program (Skills Training for Employment) emphasizes skills that will lead a person to more independent work or in some cases, allow individuals to continue to work as their skills decline. This program is center-based and includes work options along with community activities such as volunteer work.
- THE LEP (Life Enrichment Program) emphasizes training to increase independence in all aspects of one’s life, increasing options for participation in the community and options for leisure and recreation. Activities are provided both in the center and in the community.
- Offers consumer to staff ratios of approximately 4 to 1.
- Provides personal assistance with an emphasis on helping individuals achieve their highest potential.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday.
Fees are based on the cost of delivering each service. A sliding scale, based on family income and number of dependents, allow the agency to make a payment adjustment. Fees may be covered by Medicaid, Medicare, or other third-party insurance. No one is denied service due to an inability to pay. Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, religion, race, handicap, or national origin.