Community Development Program
We are a division of the Henrico County Community Revitalization Department. Our primary responsibility is to plan and manage:
- Commercial Assistance Program
- Enterprise Zone Program
- Design Assistance Program
- Facade Grant Program
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
- Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Emergency Solutions Grant Program
The Division also prepares commercial revitalization plans for various older commercial corridors of the County, serves as a resource on housing issues and undertakes special redevelopment projects.
In addition, the division is also responsible for:
- Development of the Five-Year Consolidated Community Development Plan.
- The Preparation and submission of the Annual Consolidated Community Development Action Plan to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Implementation of the Consolidated Community Development Plan through contracts with subrecipient non-profit agencies or through interagency agreements with County agencies.
- Ensuring program compliance with federal requirements.
- Management of contracts, interagency agreements, compliance monitoring, and evaluation of program activities and reporting accomplishments.
- Accounting and financial management of program activities.
- Financial Management of federal funds.
- Neighborhood and commercial revitalization planning.
All housing programs through Henrico County and the partner agencies are equal opportunity programs.