Requirements Of Voter Registration Application (Code of Virginia, § 24.2-418)
Each person registering to vote shall provide the following information on the application:
- Full name
- Social Security Number
- Whether you are presently a United States citizen
- Address of residence in the precinct
- Place of last registrations to vote
- Whether you have ever been judged to be mentally incapacitated or convicted of a felony,
and if so, under what circumstances your right to vote has been restored.
Deadlines For Voter Registration(Code of Virginia, § 24.2-416)
Voter registration closes at 5:00 PM:
- twenty-one (21) days prior to a primary or general election;
- seven days (7) prior to a special election called by the Governor,
Speaker of the House of Delegates, or President pro tempore of the Senate,
or pursuant to rule or resolution of either house of the General Assembly;
- fourteen days (14) prior to any other special election.