Online Reservation Requests
Check shelter availability and make a reservation request online. Reservations will then be confirmed and approved by recreation staff.
Picnic Shelter & Gazebo Reservations
The Division of Recreation and Parks has several picnic shelters and gazebos throughout the County available for the public to reserve. For additional information, please look over this webpage, call our office at 501-7275, or email email@example.com.
Horse Ring Reservations
If you are interested in reserving the horse ring at Dorey Park, please call 501-5127.
Sports Field Reservations
If you would like to use a sports field within a park, you need to make a reservation. Requests must be made in writing and mailed to Henrico Recreation & Parks, Attn: Sports, PO Box 90775, Henrico, VA 23273-0775 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact our Sports section at 501-5099.
Items on this page:
- Reservation Forms
- How to Reserve a Shelter or Gazebo
- Reservation Guidelines
- County Code
- Inclement Weather
- Refund Policy
Reservation Forms: Picnic Shelter, & Gazebo
- Picnic Shelter Reservation Form: Individual
- Picnic Shelter Reservation Form: Organization
- Gazebo Reservation Form
These PDF forms can be downloaded to your computer and your responses can be typed. Once the form is complete, you will need to print it out, sign it, and submit it to the Division of Recreation and Parks.
How to Make a Reservation
Shelter, and gazebo reservations will be accepted Monday through Friday, from 8am to 4:30pm at the following locations:
- The Armour House & Gardens ~ 652-1400
- Belmont Recreation Center ~ 652-1410
- Confederate Hills Recreation Center ~ 652-1420
- Deep Run Recreation Center ~ 652-1430
- Dorey Recreation Center ~ 652-1440
- Eastern Henrico Recreation Center ~ 652-1450
- Recreation & Parks Administrative Offices, Human Services Bldg ~ 501-7275
Shelter & Gazebo Reservations
Henrico County Recreation and Parks
PO Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273
Picnic Shelter & Gazebo Reservation Guidelines
Please help keep our picnic shelters, gazebos, and surrounding areas clean for you and the next group to use. Our shelters and gazebos are used continuously throughout the day, often with little maintenance time between each reservation. Your assistance in keeping the area clean and ready to use by the end of your reservation time is greatly appreciated.
Picnic Shelters are roofed structures with open sides that include picnic tables, benches and a charcoal grill. A single shelter has a maximum seating capacity of 50 people. Large groups are encouraged to reserve Dorey Park Shelters #4, 5, 6, or 7. Picnic Shelters are available daily from 9am-2pm, 3pm-dusk or 9am-dusk. The fee for residents is $25 per time period or $50 for all day. (Non-resident fee is $50 per time period or $100 for all day.)
Gazebos are small, roofed structures with open sides that may have attached benches. They are generally used for small wedding ceremonies. They do not have tables or grills. Maximum standing capacity is 150 for the large gazebo and 50 for the small gazebo. Gazebos are available daily from 9am to dusk. The fee for residents is $150 for a large gazebo and $25 for a small gazebo (Non-resident fee $300 for large and $50 per small gazebo).
- Completed reservation form and fee must be received in our office a minimum of five (5) business days prior to the reservation date and no earlier than one (1) year in advance and is limited to space availability. See form for mailing address, reservation times, fees and payment options. (See refund policy below.)
- Proof of Henrico Residency must be provided with reservation form and match payment (name and address) to receive resident rates. Individuals: please provide name and address on driver’s license, DMV ID card or voter registration card. Organizations: please provide name and address on organization check, business card or letter head. See reservation form for reservation times, fees, and payment options.
- By reserving this picnic shelter or gazebo, you have agreed to assume the responsibility of having all members of your group adhere to the Henrico County Ordinance, Chapter 14, Section 14-31 to 14-52 (County Code PDF copy) and the Picnic Shelter & Gazebo Reservations Guidelines. Signature on form required and must match payment name.
- Please review your reservation permit and receipt and contact us with any discrepancies.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on county property.
- Groups with reservations have priority for shelter and gazebo use. While reservation signs will be posted at each shelter and gazebo, please have your reservation permit and receipt with you for reservation verification and contact numbers. Non-reserved shelters are available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parks close at DUSK which may affect the ending time of your reservation.
- Shelter rentals only include the use of the shelter and adjacent grills. Shelter and gazebo rentals do not include the surrounding areas and playgrounds. The general public is always welcome within our park areas.
- The following may be brought to the shelter for your use – A maximum of 2 (two) cooking grills, the use of a caterer, and a small music device that does not require amplification. Grills are not permitted at gazebos. Permission must be requested on reservation form and approved in advance for items not listed above and in certain circumstances with the proper insurance and application process. For more information, call 501-5127 or email email@example.com.
- Signage and decorations must be tied or taped to shelter or gazebo and removed completely at the end of your reservation time. Nails, staples, chalk and spray paint are not permitted. See County Ordinance 14:36.
- No fees can be collected within the parks without prior written permission from the Division of Recreation and Parks.
- Vehicular access is not available to most shelters. Vehicles are to remain in parking lot.
- If you need the use of a sports field, please contact our Sports section at 501-5099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability, reservation procedures, and fee.
- All requests for any change to your reservation must be made in writing and received in our office ten (10) working days prior to the original reservation date or the week following inclement weather and is limited to availability.
- For additional information, please call 501-7275 or send an email to email@example.com.
If you encounter problems with the shelter such as trash, restrooms, plumbing, or electrical, please call 501-4555.
If another group refuses to vacate the shelter during your reserved time, please call 501-5000 (Non-emergency Police).
Park closings will be announced on the Inclement Weather Hotline: 501-5132, the Division’s website, and HCTV Comcast channel 17 and Verizon channel 39.
Inclement weather related to reservation of Recreation and Parks facilities is defined as any kind of extreme weather, usually severe rain, flooding, wind or tornado warnings, snow or ice, which might create hazardous conditions for park patrons either traveling to or from or participating in scheduled park activities. Inclement weather does not include seasonal weather patterns such as extreme temperature fluctuations, poor air quality warnings or extreme humidity levels which are often experienced annually throughout central Virginia.
Shelter & Gazebo Refund Policy
Requests must be made in writing and received thirty (30) days prior to your reservation date. Refund requests due to inclement weather must be received in our office no later than the week following your reservation (see above definition). Reservations will not be refunded due to inclement weather until the actual reservation date has passed. All refunds are paid by check and mailed within thirty days of approval. The processing fee charged with an online transaction is non-refundable.
Written requests can be sent by mail, email, or fax.
Henrico County Recreation & Parks
PO Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775
Fax: (804) 501-5284