Additional programs can be found at www.connect.henricorecandparks.com. These programs are designed for individuals with disabilities.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements: All programs have minimum eligibility requirements for participation. Minimum eligibility requirements may include, but are not limited to: age, prerequisite skills, safety, endurance, behavioral, personal care, and medical issues. For specific information on a program’s minimum eligibility requirements, email Jennifer Godfrey 501-5135 or Katie Wieberg 501-7489.
- Registration available now.
- All those attending a program (that requires registration) must be listed on the registration form along with the required assumption of liability signatures.
- Please register at least one week prior to the start date!
- For additional registration information, see the Registration page.
Dance registration will be open to Henrico County residents EXCLUSIVELY for two weeks (10 business days). After the two-week period, remaining spaces will be available to anyone requesting them. Henrico County residents shall be defined as a person:
- with a mailing address within Henrico County.
- who resides in a group home located in Henrico County.
- who resides in a group home outside Henrico County but can document a home address within Henrico County (parent’s or guardian’s home only).
- Registration is first-come, first-served.
- Registration is required in advance.
- Payment will not be accepted at the door.
- Each participant’s name and address must be provided at the time of registration.
- Each participant (or guardian if applicable) must sign the liability waiver on the registration form.
- Participants must meet minimum eligibility requirements.
But Wait… There’s More! Don’t forget there are many other activities and classes that are available to you! Take a look in some of the other sections and see what you may like to try. Assistance and/or accommodations due to a disability are available to you if you need them. Questions? Email Jennifer Godfrey 501-5135 or Katie Wieberg 501-7489.
Instructors: Unless listed otherwise, programs are taught by Recreation Staff. All fitness, dance, and sports programs are taught by instructors who are nationally certified in their area(s) of expertise.
Special Accommodations: If you have a disability and will need assistance or special accommodations in order to enjoy any of these programs or events, call Therapeutic Recreation email Jennifer Godfrey 501-5135 or Katie Wieberg 501-7489. no later than ten working days prior to the program date. For programs that require registration, please call and also check the accommodation box on the registration form.