Short Pump Park
This park includes a dog park, spray fountains, athletic fields, play equipment, picnic facilities, and a restored 1902 two-room schoolhouse.
Highlights of the new park include a water play area with spray fountains and an enclosed dog park. The dog park area is approximately one acre in size, has a six-foot tall enclosed fence with two areas – one for small dogs and the other for larger dogs. The dog park features a double-gated entry with a mulch and sod play surface and will be open from dawn to dusk.
Along with spray fountains and a dog park, phase one of the new urban park includes new play equipment, a restroom and shelter building, new parking, and additional trails. Approximately 75% of the site remains wooded and natural, with a trail to welcome pedestrians from John Rolfe Parkway and West Broad Village. Envisioned over 10 years ago and funded by the 2005 Bond Referendum, Short Pump Park is a wonderful addition to the Henrico Park System. Residents can look forward to future phases of development that may include additional trails and picnic shelters, as well as renovations of the existing parking lot, athletic fields and restroom/concession building.
Picnic Shelter Reservations: Please note, the picnic shelter by the soccer/football field accepts reservations. The picnic shelter by the dog park does not accept reservations.
Park open daily from dawn to dusk.