Laurel Recreation Area & Skate Park
Laurel Skate Park is a fun and safe place for both youth and adults to skate. The Skate Park has a free skate area of 6,700 square feet with ramps, rails, a half-pipe, and bowl. So get your skateboards, in-line skates or BMX/Freestyle bikes and give it a try! For more information, call (804) 501-7275.
The recreation area also features athletic fields and a picnic shelter.
Laurel Skate Park General Rules
Skate Park Hours:
Mon-Fri: Dawn-9pm (Lights will go off automatically)
Sat & Sun: Dawn-Dusk
In the event of any type of adverse weather, this park is closed. At all times, you are skating at your own risk.
The park is open March 1- October 31, unless otherwise noted.
- Skateboards, BMX with Gyro, non-motorized scooters, in-line skates and Heelys are permitted.
- Skater and bike helmets are required and must be worn at all times. Non-motorized scooters must wear a bike helmet.
- Protective equipment such as wrist guard, knee pads, and elbow pads are strongly recommended.
- Bikes must have at least one hand brake.
- Profanity, recklessness and or rowdy behavior (pushing, tandem riding, two on the same board), etc. are prohibited. All skateboards and bikes must be walked through the gate when entering and exiting the park. Participants, please use caution in this matter.
- No skating or trespassing when facility is closed.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on County property.
- No food or drinks allowed in the park except for water.
- Please discard garbage in trash cans.
- No smoking allowed inside SkatePark.
- No one may enter Skate Park or go on any equipment without designated equipment.
- No pets allowed.
- No skating, boarding or biking in parking lots.
Laurel Recreation Area
Open daily from dawn to dusk