Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Available to rent, the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center is a beautiful 25,773 square foot building with a variety of programming spaces and rooms. You will find a spacious ballroom for private events, a full-sized gymnasium, a classroom, and a fitness area for staying in shape through group exercise classes or individual workouts.
Access to the Fitness Center is available to Henrico Residents (16+) who register at the recreation center. Participants begin with a two-week trial and if they choose to continue, a yearly fee is applied to the account. Those with access passes to the fitness center also receive unlimited participation in age-appropriate fitness classes offered at EHRC for no additional charge. Please call or visit EHRC for more details.
Sprayground Guidelines: Get Wet, Have Fun, & Be Safe
- Sprayground intended for 12 and under with adult supervision
- Water flow is activated by a motion sensor (15 min timer)
- Running is prohibited
- Food, drinks, and glass containers prohibited in sprayground
- Water shoes and swimwear recommended
- Swim Diapers required if not toilet-trained
- Pets are not allowed in sprayground
- Skating and cycling are not allowed in sprayground or playground
*Please note: The surface area around the playground can get very hot on sunny days-be sure to wear shoes or sandals!
Business & Fitness Center Hours
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
(Memorial Day weekend through end of September)
Click here for programs held at Eastern Henrico Recreation Center.
To view a complete list of Recreation programs and register online, visit HCRP Connect.
The facility has numerous rooms available for rent:
- Strawberry Hill Ballroom: 125 (maximum capacity)
- Glen Echo Gymnasium: 150 (maximum capacity)
- Randolph Classroom: 40 (maximum capacity)
The site also includes a full-size caterer’s kitchen and a patio.
The parking lot has the capacity for 276 vehicles.
- Sample Room Diagrams
- EHRC Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)