Confederate Hills Recreation Center
This recreation center is housed in a former railroad club with a lawn croquet court, shuffleboard court, and tennis courts. Available for rent, Confederate Hills Recreation Center is an ideal facility for various size gatherings, celebrations, meetings, or retreats. The site also features a pavilion, tennis courts, two shuffleboard courts, and a regulation croquet court. A variety of classes and events are offered for both children and adults throughout the year.
If you enjoy a round of croquet, then you need to visit Confederate Hills Recreation Center! Regular play is held year-round on Thursdays at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 1 p.m. Arrangements can be made to play on other days. All ages are invited to contact the Confederate Hills Croquet Club and come out to learn the game. For more information, contact Urchie Ellis at 272-5923 or Confederate Hills Recreation Center at 652-1420.
Rental & Program Hours
Friday & Saturday: 8am-11pm
View the Recreation programs held at Confederate Hills Recreation Center.
To view a complete list of Recreation programs and register online, visit HCRP Connect.
Registration is required in advance for all programs with a fee.
Bluegrass Coffeehouse, Thu, Mar 9 & April 13, 7-9pm
For musicians of all ages and abilities! Come out for a few jam sessions with fellow musicians. Never been to a jam session? Now is the time to give it a try. Acoustic only. Children must be accompanies by an adult. Information: email@example.com
- Sample Room Diagrams
- Confederate Hills Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
In 1852, Jacob and Elizabeth Tyree owned this 400 acre tract of land known as “Woodstock.” After changing hands several times, the Locomotive Club of Richmond purchased 208 acres of the property and built this clubhouse in 1925. Through the middle of the property ran the Richmond and Rappahannock Railroad. After 1977, it was known as the Confederate Hills Swim and Tennis Club. It became part of the Henrico County Recreation and Parks’ system in 1994.