Armour House & Gardens at Meadowview Park
This Victorian style home is located directly behind Arthur Ashe Elementary School. The surrounding property boasts a scenic walking trail, tennis courts, a garden, flowing fountain surrounded by arbors with blooming vines, and children’s gardens and play areas.
Available for rent, The Armour House and Gardens is an ideal setting for small gatherings, celebrations, meetings, or retreats. A large shelter facility with a fireplace is also available for rent. A variety of classes and events are offered for both children and adults throughout the year.
Rental & Program Hours
View the Recreation programs held at The Armour House & Gardens at Meadowview Park.
To view a complete list of Recreation programs and register online, visit HCRP Connect.
Registration is required in advance for all programs with a fee.
Henrico Walking Tour, Sat, April 1, 10-11am
The following spaces are available for rent:
- The first floor of house is comprised of 2 rooms and a sunroom and has a maximum capacity of 50 individuals standing or 30 seated. Rental of the first floor includes use of the kitchen.
- The beautiful gardens feature an incredible fountain and patio area perfect for any event. The maximum capacity for the garden package is 125 individuals.
The parking lot has 90 spaces.
- Sample Room Diagrams
- Armour House and Gardens Facility Reservation Guide
- Facility Reservation Application (Individual)
- Facility Reservation Application (Organization)
Edmund Christian built the house at Meadowview in 1915. On the park grounds, archeologists identified two prehistoric American Indian sites. In the 19th century, Chief Justice John Marshall’s Chickahominy Farm was located nearby. The Armour family sold the property to Henrico County in 1999.