Commissions & Committees
PARKS & RECREATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
The Commission was created in 1976. The role of the Parks & Recreation Advisory Commission is to represent the citizens of Henrico County by district and to provide citizens with a unified voice in planning recreation and parks programs, activities and services. They meet on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the third floor conference room of the Human Services Building, 8600 Dixon Powers Drive.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE (HPAC)
HPAC was created in February 1990. They meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the third floor conference room of the Human Services Building, 8600 Dixon Powers Drive.
The Henrico Historic Preservation Advisory Committee advises the Henrico County Board of Supervisors regarding the identification, interpretation, rehabilitation, protection and preservation of historical and cultural resources located within the County.
Goals & Projects
- Market and distribute historical publications.
- Create and promote public awareness of historic preservation.
- Develop a bureau of volunteer speakers, available upon request to share significant information to groups on Henrico’s local history.
- Encourage the public to identify historical sites within the County not currently on the Inventory.
- Provide information to interested citizens on the methods used in the preservation of historic properties.
- Develop guidelines for determining the historical significance of County sites.
- Promote the local historical plaque and roadside marker programs.
- Celebrate significant historical events for public appreciation.
- Recognize significant historic preservation projects on an annual basis.