The extension of Woodman Road is designated a Proposed Minor Arterial roadway on the 2026 Major Thoroughfare Plan. The project design will extend Woodman Road from Greenwood Road to Jeb Stuart Parkway. A 2-lane divided roadway will be constructed with a shared-use pedestrian path that will connect the infrastructure improvements to be built with the River Mill Development. Additional traffic control will be implemented at the intersection of Greenwood Road and Woodman Road. The project will relieve traffic congestion, and improve improve vehicular and pedestrian connectivity in the area. For more information, you can view the brochure that will be available at the Citizen Information Meeting.
- Design is underway
- Right-of-way acquisition is anticipated to begin Winter 2017/2018
- Advertisement for Construction is anticipated for Summer 2018
- Construction is anticipated to begin Fall 2018
- Project completion is anticipated for December 2019
Progress to Date
- There was a Citizen Information Meeting held to present information and collect feedback for this project. The comment sheet to provide feedback is available, and responses can be printed and mailed to the address provided using the comment sheet or e-mailed to Rob Tieman (fillable form also available) at email@example.com