Senior Citizens Police Academy
Seniors provide our community with a vast reservoir of experience and talent that enriches our community. The Senior Citizens Police Academy gives seniors an opportunity for some new, hands-on experiences and an inside look at the operations of the Henrico County Police Division.
Classes are held during the day for the convenience of seniors and are held at the Henrico County Training Center for eleven consecutive weeks. For information regarding the next Senior Citizens Police Academy, please call 501-5933.
Seniors will learn to:
- Understand crime prevention strategies and technology and become crime prevention practitioners in our community;
- Take responsibility for reporting crime and learn to become proactive in crime prevention;
- Understand how the criminal justice system and the Division operate;
- Understand crime trends and community problems and learn how Intelligence Led Policing (ILP) addresses those problems;
- Become ambassadors for the Police Division and learn how they can assist us in educating the public about our mission, goals and objectives;
- Recognize law enforcement volunteer opportunities available to them that will correspond to their talents, skills, and time available to volunteer;
- Access and benefit from support services, support, and advocacy groups available to seniors that will enhance their quality of life.
For more information about the Senior Citizens’ Academy, call (804) 501-5933 or write to: email@example.com.
Join today! Fill out this Citizens Academy enrollment form (PDF) and mail to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
This program supports the President’s Initiative for Homeland Security!