Commercial Security Survey Program
If your business or organization experiences recurring crime problems or recurring workplace violence incidents, you may want to consider a free Commercial Security Survey. A crime prevention officer from the Henrico County Police Division will conduct a security survey to conduct a comprehensive review of your workplace environment.
A Commercial Security Survey includes the following areas of interest:
1. Environment to include site location, building layout and design, security systems, asset protection systems, access control, lighting, and perimeter control
2. Polices and Procedures – to include pre-employment screening, employee action control, incident reporting, workplace violence prevention, and preventing domestic violence at work
3. Training to include a review of the employee training curriculum and training schedules
All security survey activity and information is strictly confidential, and includes a formal letter of written recommendations and available resource information.
Did you know that lighting is one of the most economical forms of crime prevention? Did you know that bright lighting of your business is not necessarily proper lighting needed to prevent crime? Proper lighting can discourage criminals from harming you, your business, and your customers. Generally a lighting survey is not conducted by itself, but in conjunction with a Commercial Security Survey.
A Lighting Survey will:
- Take place at dusk or after dark.
- Include the officer and often the Division’s CPTED Planner.
- Look at lighting on the exterior as well as the interior of your business.
- Include a written report with recommendations to improve the lighting at your business or commercial establishment.