Learn more about the requirements for a career
as a Henrico County Police Officer or Animal Protection Police Officer.
The Communications Officer is a skilled emergency communication professional who receives emergency 911 and non-emergency requests for police, fire and rescue. Learn more about joining our Communications Officers’ team. We also hire for civilian administrative positions. View a vacancy list and/or complete a County employment application. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please complete this short form.
Learn more about becoming a Communications Officer. Call the Police Personnel Unit (Toll Free): (877)436-HIRE
The County of Henrico does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
The County offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees hired in authorized positions. The following is a brief summary highlighting the major benefits available to eligible employees:
- Paid biweekly and receive a paycheck every other Friday
- Full-time employees earn 13 days of vacation each year. This increases up to 26 days after 20 years of service.
- 13 days of sick leave earned per year
- 11 regular holidays and 2 floating holidays per year
- Health insurance plan (optional)
- Dental insurance (optional)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and child care expenses (optional)
- Additional life insurance (optional)
- Retirement through Virginia Retirement System
- Deferred compensation (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and family members
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance (optional)
- Credit Union membership (optional)
- Direct deposit of your paycheck
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Eligible for merit increases after one year of satisfactory employment