Who, What, When & Where
Who Can Apply for a Permit?
- Homeowner (with Property Owner Affidavit)
- Authorized Agent for the Homeowner (with Property Owner Affidavit)
- Licensed Contractor (must have a valid VA Contractor’s #)
When Can I Apply for a Permit?
- The Permit Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Building Permit documentation must be ready for review by 3:30 pm
- Sub-trade Permits (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing) are taken until 4:30 pm
What Can Be Walked Through?
Building Permits, limited to the following:
- One-Story Additions
- Porches, screened or open
- Sun rooms
- Sheds, greater than 256 square feet
- Swimming Pools / Pool Barriers (fences)
- Interior Alterations / Finish Off Space (attics, basements, etc.)
- Re-submittals on existing permits
- Sub-trade Permits (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing)
*Building Permits on properties that do not have access to public utilities must be reviewed by the Virginia Department of Health and may not be walked through.
Where Can You Find Us?
Western Government Center – 2nd floor
4301 E. Parham Road, Henrico, VA 23228
Eastern Government Center
3820 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, VA 23223