The Permit Center is the hub for all residential permitting in Henrico County. Most walk-in permits for residential additions may be issued within one and a half hours or less. Exceptions include improvements on property that does not have access to public water and/or sewer and two-story additions which need to be reviewed by the Engineers in the Building Inspections Department. Sign permits also may not be walked through and must be dropped off.

Check the Who, What, When, & Where page for questions regarding who may apply for a permit, which permits can be walked through, and where the Permit Centers are located.


Permits & Other Services

Building Permit – Residential - Application for a residential building permit (new houses, renovations/additions, moving, demolition, decks, porches, sheds, garages & swimming pools).
Business License - Application for Business License
Electrical Permit - Application for an electrical permit (commercial and residential).
Mechanical Permit - Application for a mechanical permit (includes commercial and residential, mechanical, fire suppression and elevator).
Plumbing Permit - Application for a plumbing permit (commercial and residential).
Request GIS Data - Henrico County has a robust enterprise-wide GIS. Henrico shares this information and has made efforts to provide a variety of data formats.
Sign Permit - Application for a sign permit.

View All County Issued Permits

Share This Page