The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed 10 Henrico County officials to the organization’s policy-making committees for 2013-14.
Members of the Henrico Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Three Chopt District Supervisor David A. Kaechele, Finance and Intergovernmental Affairs Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, Large Urban County Caucus Steering Committee; Telecommunications and Technology Steering Committee; and Essential County Technology Subcommittee (vice chair);
- Brookland District Supervisor Richard W. Glover, Community and Economic Affairs Steering Committee;
- Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee.
In addition, Henrico administration officials received the following appointments:
- County Manager John A. Vithoulkas, Justice and Public Safety Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Operations Timothy A. Foster, P.E., Public Lands Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Services Jane D. Crawley, Health Steering Committee; and
- Capital Region Workforce Partnership Director Rosalyn D. Key-Tiller, Community and Economic Affairs Steering Committee.
As the only national organization representing counties, parishes and boroughs before Congress and the White House, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The association’s steering committees form its policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times annually to examine key issues of county government and to make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.