2880 Mountain Road (Glen Allen CulturalArts Center)
In 1886, Elizabeth Jane Holladay established the first Glen Allen School when she began teaching children in her home. In 1899, the school was moved to a one-room building on Mountain Road. It was relocated to Old Washington Highway in 1911. Constructed at a cost of $10,000, It had no central heating or indoor plumbing. Between 1914 and 1925, three wings were added. In the 1930’s an auditorium/gymnasium and home economics cottage were constructed. The school ended operation at this site in 1978. In 1999, it reopened as The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen.