The Courthouses in Richmond-Growth and Consolidation

Address

4301 E Parham Road
Henrico, VA

Geo Coordinates

37.628756,-77.517141

Description

The 1752 Henrico Courthouse, a colonial-style brick structure, was built in Richmond in the middle of 22nd and East Main streets. The Declaration of Independence was read publicly for the first time from its steps on August 5, 1776. In 1824, the courthouse was in need of repair and a committee decided to completely rebuild the structure.

Map