Role of the Supervisor Series
The Role of the Supervisor series offers a variety of training classes for newly-promoted, newly-hired, or veteran supervisors. This series is designed to give you the practical tools you need to effectively manage your team. Listed below are the topics offered within the series. We welcome any County supervisor to sign up for this series or for any individual topic(s) you would like to target.
The classes can be completed in any order, however if you are required to be in the series, you will have two years to complete all the classes from the time you are notified. NOTE: This series is mandatory for all new supervisors; you will receive a personal invitation to the series with additional information.
If you are a newly-promoted or newly-hired supervisor, if you manage a new supervisor, or you want to receive more information on this series, please contact Organizational Learning and Talent Development at email@example.com or 501-7205. For more information on the classes listed below, browse the online training catalog at Learner Home in HRMS.
- The Complete Supervisor: Your Leadership Style (Half Day)
- Conflict Management: Intervention Strategies that Work (2 Half Days)
- Feedback and Coaching for Performance (2 Full Days)
- Managing Change (Half Day)
- Performance Appraisal Skills (Half Day)
- Vision to Performance for Leaders (Half Day)
- You’re a Supervisor: Now What? (Half Day)