Henrico County Training Center – 7701 East Parham Road
The Henrico County Training Center offers the following facilities:
- Multi-purpose rooms for wellness classes, etc.
- Weight room (see Weight Room Rules below and Weight Room Orientation on the Getting Started page)
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Strength training equipment and free weights
- Basketball gymnasium for group fitness classes
- Showers and locker rooms
- Outdoor running/walking trails
An easy way to stay active and healthy is to add walks to your daily routine. Henrico County offers many facilities and walking trails to support walking and active employee lifestyles. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Interactive and searchable map of trails in Henrico (for instructions on using the map, click here)
- Suggestions of walking trails by location (PDF)
- Henrico County Parks & Facilities
Weight Room Rules
- Permanent public safety, general government, and public school employees are eligible to use the weight room equipment and participate in fitness classes.
- Employee must attend a Weight Room Orientation prior to using the workout facilities located in the Training Center.
- The workout facilities are available for non-public safety personnel from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. No weekends or general government holidays.
- County retirees have access to the workout facilities 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. No weekends or general government holidays.
- It is County policy to have your county ID on your person. It is mandatory that you have it available in order to enter and use the facility.
- You must sign in on the computer each time you use the weight room equipment or attend a fitness class.
- Proper exercise attire and clean, non-marking athletic footwear must be worn at all times. Sandals and other open-toe footwear, dress shoes, jeans, or jean shorts are prohibited. Clothing with rivets or zippers can tear upholstery.
- Access to the building is limited to the first floor only.
- For safety purposes, the ‘buddy’ system is recommended when using the weight room equipment.
- Weights, plates, dumbbells, and accessories must be re-racked and/or returned to their proper storage areas after use.
- Collars must be used on all free-weight equipment.
- Do not drop or bang weights. This includes, but is not limited to, barbells, dumbbells, free-weight equipment, and other weight training machines. Every time weights are dropped, there is the potential to harm yourself and others around you, as well as damage the floor.
- Spray equipment and mats with cleaning solution and wipe with a paper towel after each use.
- Ellipticals, treadmills, and other cardiovascular machines are in high demand. As a courtesy to other patrons, workout time should be limited to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular machines.
- Personal items are to be stored in ‘day lockers’ only. Items are to be removed after each work out session. Items left unattended will be taken to Lost and Found.
- No food is allowed in the weight room or multi-purpose room. Only drinks in containers with tight-fitting lids are permitted.