Employee Health Services
As a division of Human Resources, Employee Health Services (EHS) provides employees with an on-site medical clinic. Our priority is providing work-related services, but we are also available to see employees for personal health and wellness concerns.
On this page:
- Contact Information
- Work-Related Services
- Non-Work-Related Services
- Conditions Not Treated at EHS (Emergencies)
- Preventative Health Services
7740 Shrader Rd, Suite A
Henrico, VA 23228
8:00 AM—4:30 PM
|General information, medical record requests.
See instructions below for scheduling appointments.
|Hepatitis B Vaccination email@example.com|
|Drug and alcohol testing information and other medical firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clinic administrative email@example.com|
To expedite scheduling, please call (804) 501-1600 for an appointment. If you are unable to call during regular business hours, please leave a message including your name, phone #, department, and a brief message for a return call.
If unable to call, and need to reschedule your appointment due to shift changes, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include: contact information, department and nature of appointment providing up to five (5) business dates you would be available for an appointment/rescheduling.
Walk-ins are welcome, however, so that we may facilitate your needs, please call prior to visiting so we can confirm the availability to avoid long wait times.
Most importantly, if you have a scheduled appointment and are unable to attend, please call to cancel and/or reschedule so that we are able to open reservations for other appointments.
Our priority at employee health is performing work-related services for County employees. Some of these include:
- Pre-employment physical examinations for certain positions (Police, Sheriff, Fire).
- Periodic surveillance examinations such as:
- OSHA Hearing Conservation Program
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Rabies Protection Program
- Body Fluid Exposure Program
- Work-related injury and illness (Worker’s Compensation)
While we do not replace your primary care provider, we can treat your minor illnesses and injuries, including prescription medication if needed. Examples of these types of minor illnesses include:
- Sore/strep throat
- Allergy symptoms
- Eye problems (scratch, pink eye, etc.)
- Ear problems (infection, wax build-up)
- Urinary tract/bladder infection
- Skin rashes
- Minor cuts/abrasions
- Suture removal
We cannot treat you for the following:
- Monitoring and treatment of chronic problems (like diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Non-work-related conditions that require x-ray or lab work
- Emergency conditions
If you’re not sure if your problem is one we can help you with, just call us! If we can’t help you, we can get you to someone who can.
We want to help people stay healthy and in control of existing medical problems. We offer the following preventative services to employees:
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood sugar checks
- Brochures and other printed information about various health conditions
- Individualized health counseling and/or information
- Referrals to the Fitness & Wellness Division