Benefits for Retirees
Henrico County participates in the Virginia Retirement System.The Virginia Retirement System (VRS) administers retirement plans, life insurance plans and related services for its active members. Eligible members include full-time salaried, permanent employees of the Commonwealth of Virginia, participating local cities, towns, political subdivisions and all Virginia school boards.
- VRS Pre-Retirement Planning Guide
- VRS Retirement Educational Seminars
- VRS Retirement Calculator
- Social Security Benefit Estimator
- “How To” from Social Security
- Henrico County Retiree Health Care & Dental Policy
- Henrico County Retiree Health Care & Dental FAQs
During the plan year, retirees may add or drop dependents only within 31 days of a qualifying event. Examples of a qualifying event include marriage, divorce, change of employment status of employee or dependent.
Many benefits documents and forms require that you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is available free from Adobe.
- Plan Options & Rates for Henrico County Retirees
- Health Care Supplement Rate Chart
- Retiree Health Care Supplement FAQs
Non-Medicare Eligible Retirees:
The County offers four health care plans through Anthem. For detailed information on the plans, review the plan information listed below.
- Anthem HealthKeepers Enrollment Guide (HMO and POS plans)
- Anthem KeyCare Enrollment Guide (Out-of-Area PPO plan)
- Find a Doctor
- Anthem Prescription Drug List
- Side-by-Side Comparison of POS & Lumenos HSA plans
- Lumenos HSA – Plan Information Resources
Please note: Retirees that enroll in the new Lumenos HSA plan will have access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) to self-fund.
- Anthem Enrollment Form for Retirees
- Qualifying Event Change Form
- Anthem Direct Draft Form
- Compliance Notice
Medicare Eligible Retirees (65+):
We are pleased to announce a change in the way Medicare eligible retirees will access health care benefits, beginning January 1, 2015. We recognize the importance of quality, affordable health care coverage to our retirees and want to emphasize that this change will continue to allow you to choose the health care plan that best suits your needs. In addition, you will be offered more choices and lower-cost options for care.
On January 1, 2015, Henrico will begin providing access to health care coverage for Medicare-eligible retirees through OneExchange (formerly Extend Health). OneExchange is an experienced, national leader in helping retirees to select and enroll in individual health care plans. Medicare-eligible retirees age 65+ will need to enroll through OneExchange to continue to receive health care coverage through the County in 2015 and beyond.
The County’s five-year contract with UnitedHealthcare and coverage under this plan will end December 31, 2014.
The open enrollment period for Medicare-eligible retirees to enroll for health care coverage through OneExchange is October 8 – December 31, 2014.
Informational meetings will be held during the week of October 6 – 10, 2014 to explain the changes and to answer questions. Please note: these meetings are designed only to provide information. You will be unable to enroll with OneExchange at these meetings. The enrollment process will be handled separately and will allow you to work personally with a trained and licensed benefits advisor.
OneExchange Enrollment Information Resources
- Introduction Letter from the County Manager and Superintendent of Schools, September 9, 2014
- OneExchange Frequently Asked Questions
- OneExchange Key Dates
The County offers three dental plans through Delta Dental of Virginia. For detailed information on the plans, review the information listed below.
- 2015 Delta Dental Rates
- 2015 Delta Dental Brochure
- 2015 Delta Dental Enrollment/Change Form
- DeltaCare Provider List
- 2015 Delta Dental Direct Draft Authorization Form
- VRS Home Page
- VRS Forms
- VRS Life Insurance (Minnesota Life)
Customer Service 1-800-441-2258
Customer Service 1-800-421-1880
- Delta Dental of Virginia
High and Low Option Plans 1-800-237-6060
Customer Service 1-800-633-4227
- Senior Navigator
- Social Security Administration