Open Enrollment for 2016 Retiree Benefits
Last updated 3 November 2015.
For better customer experience, the information on this page will be relocated to the new HR employee portal, employees.henrico.us (you can already view the information there). This page will be removed after retiree open enrollment ends. For more information on the new employee portal, please view this article.
Non-Medicare eligible retirees will continue to be covered through our Anthem health care plans. 2016 benefit details and rates for Anthem health care and Delta Dental will be posted prior to Retiree Open Enrollment.
The annual retiree open enrollment period for 2016 is November 2—November 25, 2015 for pre-65 retirees. During this time, pre-65 retirees that are currently enrolled in health care or dental coverage may change plan options and add or drop dependents. Enrollment information, rates, plan details and Open Enrollment Information Session dates will be mailed to the homes of eligible retirees before the Open Enrollment period.
- New timeframe for making Anthem or Delta Dental benefit changes during the plan year: During 2015, retirees may add or drop dependents only within 31 days of a qualifying event. However, for qualifying events that occur on or after January 1, 2016, the time period to make benefit changes will move from 31 days to 60 days. Please note that benefit changes will continue to take effect the first of the month following receipt of all paperwork. However, enrollments for the birth or adoption of a child are retroactive to the date of birth or adoption. Examples of a qualifying event include marriage, divorce, change of employment status of employee or dependent. Please call HR benefits at 501-7371 with questions.
2016 Retiree Health Care for Pre-65 Retirees
- 2016 Retiree Health Care Rates
- 2016 Retiree Health Care Supplement
- 2016 Anthem HealthKeepers Enrollment Guide
- 2016 Anthem KeyCare Enrollment Guide (out-of-area PPO plan)
- 2016 Prescription Drug List
- 2016 Side-by-Side Plan Comparison (POS and Lumenos HSA Plans)
- Anthem Enrollment/Change Form for Retirees (please complete only if making a change)
- Anthem Direct Draft Form (please complete only if making a change)
- Lumenos HSA – Plan Information Resources
Please note: Retirees that enroll in the Lumenos HSA plan will have access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) to self-fund.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) – A format required by health reform to help you compare plan benefits.
- Compliance Notice
The Medicare Open Enrollment period is from October 15 through December 7, 2015 for coverage effective January 1, 2016. The Open Enrollment period is the time for Medicare eligible retirees to review their current coverage choices and, if desired, enroll in new plans for 2016. A fall newsletter from OneExchange will provide information about Medicare’s Open Enrollment. Retirees enrolled through OneExchange will receive this newsletter by email (if you have provided a valid email address and not opted out of receiving emails) or by U.S. Mail.
You may want to review your plans if:
- Your prescriptions have changed during this year and you want to see if there is a Part D Prescription Drug Plan available in 2016 that better meets your needs.
- You have moved during the year to a new ZIP code.
- You want to compare 2016 premiums of comparable plans.
To re-evaluate or change your plan choices, you must contact OneExchange during the Open Enrollment period. The OneExchange number is 1-844-256-0914.
Dental Coverage will continue through Delta Dental in 2016 for both pre-65 and post-65 retirees who are currently enrolled.
2016 Open Enrollment changes for dental coverage must be made during the Open Enrollment period from November 2 – November 25, 2015. Dental enrollment information will be mailed to the homes of eligible retirees before the Open Enrollment period. Good news – Dental rates will decrease for 2016!
- 2016 Delta Dental Brochure
- 2016 Delta Dental Rates
- DeltaCare DHMO Provider List
- 2016 Delta Dental Enrollment/Change Form (please complete only if making a change)
- 2016 Deltal Dental Direct Draft Authorization Form (please complete only if making a change)
Many benefits documents and forms require that you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is available free from Adobe.
For questions, call the Benefits Division (501-7371).