Open Enrollment for 2015 Benefits
Open Enrollment for 2015 is October 11 through November 3.
Open enrollment is your annual opportunity to make changes to coverage options for yourself and for covered dependents for health, dental, short term income protection (STIP), and to enroll for flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
Best news! Health care rates for employees are going up only a minimal amount for 2015. On a monthly basis, employee health care rates will increase $2.50 for employee-only coverage, $5.00 for employee + one (spouse or child) and $10.00 for employee + dependents (children or family). And biweekly, that is only $1.25/$2.50/$5.00 per pay. The County has made great efforts to hold down your health care rate increases by absorbing most of the higher costs – even while significantly cutting back on expenses across the County. No easy task! Unlike other localities, the County’s minimal health care rate increases for employees won’t negate the mid-year pay increases that will take effect the first pay in January.
In addition, to keep costs down in 2015 and beyond, a new health plan choice – Lumenos HSA – and cost saving options for outpatient radiology are in place for 2015. These options can provide new ways for you to save health care dollars, help manage plan costs overall and enable the County to maximize contributions toward your coverage. With any plan you choose, as you intentionally get the health care you need in the most cost effective settings, you make a difference for your own costs and for costs for others as well!
Check out What’s New? and consider attending an Open Enrollment Information Session as an opportunity for you and your family to learn about the 2015 plan options and to speak with representatives from Anthem, Delta Dental, Aetna (short term income protection), and Flex-Plan Services (FSAs).
During the plan year, employees may add/cancel coverage and/or add/drop dependents only within 31 days of a qualifying event.
Many benefits documents and forms require that you have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is available free from Adobe.
Last updated 21 October 2014
- What’s New?
- Open Enrollment Information Session Dates
- Instructions for Enrolling for 2015 Benefits through HRMS Employee Direct Access (EDA)
On this page:
- 2015 Health Care
- 2015 Dental Benefits
- 2015 Short Term Income Protection
- 2015 Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- 2015 Anthem HealthKeepers Enrollment Guide
- 2015 Anthem KeyCare Enrollment Guide (Out-of-Area PPO plan) (coming soon)
- 2015 Prescription Drug List
- 2015 Side-by-Side Plan Comparison (POS and Lumenos HSA Plans)
- 2015 Health Care Rates
- 2015 Double Contribution Rates
- Anthem Estimate Your Cost Tool – Video
- Lumenos HSA – Information Resources
- 2015 Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) – A format required by health reform to help you compare plan benefits:
- 2015 Short Term Income Protection Brochure
- 2015 Short Term Income Protection Rates
- Income Protection Fact Sheet
- Evidence of Insurability Process
- Aetna Evidence of Insurability Form
- 2015 FSA Enrollment Guide
- 2015 FSA Flexi-Card Overview
- 2015 FSA Flexi-Card/Direct Deposit Authorization Form
This paper form is required for you to receive a debit card or have your reimbursements direct deposited.
- Health Care FSA Carry Over
- HSA or FSA – But not both!