Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
On this page:
- 2015 FSA Information (Flex-Plan Services)
- Dependent Care FSA FAQs
- Health Care FSA FAQs
- FSA $500 Carryover Q&As
FSAs allow you to contribute pre-tax dollars that you expect to spend on qualified expenses into the account and therefore lower your taxable income. There are two types of FSAs offered:
- Health Care—for out-of-pocket health care expenses
- Dependent Care—for costs of adult or child care that enable you (and your spouse) to work
When considering the Health Care account, estimate costs for co-payments of prescription drugs and doctors visits for yourself and your family members. You don’t have to participate in Henrico County health care or dental coverage to participate in a FSA and your family members do not have to be covered by Henrico County’s plans for you to be reimbursed for their eligible expenses.
When considering the Dependent Care account, review costs for child care services for dependent children under the age of 13. This account may also be used if you have expenses for adult care services. Eligible child or adult care expenses are those that you incur when you are working and that enable you (and your spouse) to work.
Annual contribution limit:
$2,500 for Health care FSA
$5,000 for Dependent Care (Day Care) FSA
- 2015 FSA Enrollment Guide
- 2015 Health Care FSA FAQs
- 2015 Dependent Care FSA FAQs
- 2015 Flexi-Card / Direct Deposit Authorization Form
This paper form is required for you to receive a debit card or have your reimbursements direct deposited.
- 2015 Flexi-Card Overview
- 2015 Flexi-Card FAQs
- 2015 FSA Eligible Expenses
- 2015 FSA Claim Form
- How to Submit a Recurring FSA Day Care Claim
- Daycare FSA Receipt for Service – Use this form if your daycare provider does not offer formal receipts.
- Mobile App for your FSA
Flex-Plan Services: 1-800-669-3539 (9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday – Friday)