The Henrico Health Department Dental Clinic is currently closed. Your dental care is important to us. Please check back for updates.
Other Dental Care Resources
Other resources for dental care for low income children or adults in the Richmond, Virginia area:
- Small Smiles – 804-266-5040. Small Smiles sees children with Medicaid up to the age of 21.
- VCU/MCV Dental School 804-828-9190. Provides comprehensive and affordable dental care for all ages groups.
- Bon Secours Pediatric Dental Associates 804-893-8715. Provides dental care for well and special needs children ages 1-17
Dental Care Information
Tips for Better Dental Health
- Brush two times a day using toothpaste with fluoride.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Cut back on sugar. (sodas, juices & candy)
- Choose healthy snacks, (fruits, vegetables, and popcorn)
- Wear a mouth guard when playing sports.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for a check-up and cleaning.
- Wipe your baby’s gums daily with a clean damp washcloth.
- Bring your child for a check-up 6 months after the first baby tooth appears. It is good to start brushing at this time.
- Do not allow your infant to use the feeding bottle as a pacifier, unless it contains only water.