- CPR/First Aid Classes - Training in CPR and first aid is offered to citizens by the Henrico County volunteer rescue squads.
- Create a Business Emergency Plan - Henrico County Office of Emergency Management (HOEM) has developed these templates to help State licensed facilities meet the requirement for developing Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans (CEMP).
- Fire / EMS Reports - Obtain copies of Fire and EMS reports.
- Fire Apparatus Visit/Demo - Citizens may request that an engine come out for an event such as a community day or block party.
- Fire Education Programs/Firefighter Speaker Request - Make a request to have a firefighter speak at your group meeting, request information on fire programs such as Junior Firefighter Program, Fourth Grade Fire and Life Safety Program and more.
- Fire Extinguisher Training - The Henrico County Division of Fire will provide Fire Extinguisher Training to County Employees and Community Groups. The program includes a lecture on the types of fires most likely encountered, extinguishment theory, and the proper way to use an extinguisher safely. There will likely be a demonstration and / or the participants may have an opportunity to use a simulator or discharge a real extinguisher. This is a familiarization program, not a certification class. Ideal class size: 12 - 15 students. A Community Services Firefighter will make this 40 – 60 minute presentation.
- Smoke Alarm Assistance - Citizens may request assistance to have a working smoke alarm.
- Special Event Staffing/Hire EMT and/or Paramedics - The Division of Fire is able to provide Emergency Medical Technicians and/or Paramedics to assist with Special Events held in the County. Monetary payment of these off-duty personnel is provided by the promotor of the event.
- Volunteering - Henrico Fire maintains an extremely limited number of volunteer firefighters. It is recommended that you contact a local Volunteer Rescue Squad to inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- Building Inspections for Fire Safety - The Division of Fire performs business inspections. Neighborhood Fire Stations perform a basic business inspection.
- Citizens Fire Academy - The Henrico Citizens’ Fire Academy is open to any interested participant 18 years of age and older.
- Donations to the Fire Prevention Fund - Donations to the Fire Prevention Fund or property for training purposes.
- Fire Explorers Post 651 - The purpose of these programs is to provide experiences to help young people mature into responsible and caring adults. These programs emphasize: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience
- Fire Station Visit / Tour - Information about visiting a fire station and taking a tour of the fire station.
- Henrico Alert - Henrico Alert is one of the many tools that Henrico County Public Safety officials can use to notify you of critical information like evacuation notices to missing child alerts
- Henrico CERT Subscription - The purpose of HCCERT is to provide training to citizens to help cope in the time period immediately following a disaster when local public safety resources may be overwhelmed. HCCERT’s learn basic first aid, search and rescue, and fire suppression techniques.
- EMS Training Schedules - Learn when EMS continuing education is available.
- Fire Hydrants - Fire hydrants in Henrico County are the responsibility of the County's Department of Public Utilities (DPU). They Perform all installation, maintenance and testing of hydrants.
- Firefighter Recruitment - Information on becoming a firefighter in Henrico.
- Fireworks - Information on legality of fireworks in Henrico County
- Open Burning - When and where open burning is permissible
- SARA Title III / Tier II - SARA Title III Information and Tier II reporting