Real Estate Division
Thomas Little – Director
The Real Estate Assessment Division maintains the County Land Book and performs assessments for tax purposes of all real estate in the County. The Division is utilizing a Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal system (CAMA) to accomplish this. The Division’s primary functions include:
- Administer laws pertaining to the real estate assessment process.
- Conduct an annual review/reassessment of all real property.
- Provide administrative support to the County Board of Real Estate Review and Equalization.
- Certify an annual assessment report to the State Department of Taxation.
- Administer the Land Use Program.
For information on the Partial Real Estate Tax Exemption Program for qualifying Rehabilitated or Renovated Multi-Family, Commercial/Industrial, and Hotel/Motel when rehabilitated for residential use properties, click the appropriate link. An application must be completed to enroll in this program.
In addition to the Internet, Real Estate data may be obtained by calling 804-501-4300, 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Assessment Appeals
- General Information
- Land Use Assessment Program
- Tax Rates
- Real Estate Property Information
- Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption
E-Mail Inquiries to: Tom Little