Free Tax Preparation by MetroCASH
File your taxes for FREE at an IRS-approved MetroCASH free tax preparation site. Our volunteers will assist you with claiming the tax credits you qualify for, including the Earned Income Tax Credit.
MetroCASH tax sites offer:
- Free tax preparation services for anyone earning less than $50,000 this year
- Convenient tax site locations throughout greater Richmond and Petersburg
- Tax Preparer volunteers who have been trained, and certified by the IRS
- Cash Coach volunteers who connect you with resources to help you meet your financial needs and goals
- Assisted Self Tax Preparation, where you can complete your own tax return for free with help of a certified coach
Use these helpful links to increase your knowledge of the issues regarding Money Management:
Virginia Cooperative Extension–Financial Management Publications
Publications on a variety of issues including: Credit, Families Taking Charge of Finances, Health Care, Home Business Management, Insurance, Loss of Income, and Managing Prosperity: Estate and Retirement Planning.
Go here to get your FREE annual credit report!
Federal Trade Commission for the Consumer
Education is a key tool to prevent consumer injury. In this website, you’ll find publications with advice on avoiding scams and rip-offs, as well as tips on other consumer topics.
Federal Trade Commission – Your National Resource about IDENTITY THEFT
This website is a one-stop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you protect yourself from identity theft, and the steps to take if
it occurs. It is also a comprehensive reference center � for consumers, businesses, law enforcement, and the media � with access to specific laws, contact information, and resources from state and federal government agencies.
The Federal Government’s website dedicated to helping Americans understand more about their money � how to save it, invest it, and manage it to meet your personal goals.