Let’s go camping! The 2014 Henrico Junior 4-H Camp will take place August 4 – 8, 2014 at Jamestown 4-H Center. All boys and girls 9 through 14 years of age as of September 30, 2014, may attend. If 13 by January 1, 2014, participants may choose to attend as a Counselor-In-Training (CIT). Camp cost includes a 4-H t-shirt, lodging, meals, programs, instructional class materials, and transportation by chartered bus. Spaces are limited. Some scholarship assistance may be available.
Teens turning 14 years old or older by January 1, 2014, must apply to attend camp. At this age, teens are expected to serve in a leadership role as Teen Counselors. Training is given before camp to prepare teens for the responsibilities of this role.
At camp, Teen Counselors will…
– Supervise 9- to 13-year-old campers both in cabins and during all activities.
– Show a positive attitude, lead by example, and be a role model for campers.
– Participate in all camp activities, and be on time for these activities.
– Provide motivation and encouragement for all campers, especially those who have trouble adjusting to camp.
– Assist campers with cabin and team duties, and make sure these duties are completed.
– Provide leadership for team activities.
– Abide by all rules of the 4-H Center, as well as other rules outlined by 4-H agents and staff.
– Help settle down and account for campers at lights-out.
– Spend quality time with campers, not with other counselors and camp staff.
– Assist 4-H camp staff and agents with classes, programs, and routine duties as needed.
– Immediately inform adult leaders and agents of any problems and concerns.
– Have fun, while remembering they are at camp as leaders, not campers.
– Be patient, caring, responsible, and adaptable in dealing with people and situations at camp.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the Henrico Extension Office at (804)501-5160 or email Kendra Young, Henrico 4-H Extension Agent, at email@example.com.
More Camping Opportunities
For more great camping opportunities including Cloverbud Camp (ages 5 to 8) visit the Jamestown 4-H Center at: www.jamestown4hcenter.org