A Training for Fathers
- COURAGE — Your actions will influence the next generation, the leaders of tomorrow.
- COMMITMENT — Fatherhood is a daily thing; our commitment needs to be full time. It is NOT part time, most of the time, or when you have time.
- A WILLINGNESS — To be a role model for your sons and a “male” model for your daughters.
- PRACTICE — Parenting DOES come with instructions. We enhance our parenting skills by practicing what we are taught.
- REMOVE any need from violence in our interpersonal relationships
Fatherhood Initiative Vision
It is our desire to see Dads turn their hearts and abilities toward their families, committing to make a difference in their lives.
Meetings will be held:
Each Monday 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
County of Henrico, Dept. of Social Services
Human Services Building
8600 Dixon Powers Drive
Henrico, VA 23273
Click here for Meetings Schedule
HDSS has accepted the fact that many of our fatherless children have a higher risk for negative outcomes. Fathers are critically important to their children’s well being.
The primary purpose of the Fatherhood Support Group is to help men to be responsible fathers and role models for their sons and a “male model” for their daughters.
There will be discussion on such issues as fathering of teens, school-age children, grandchildren, live-away dads, coping as a step-dad or divorced dad, anger management and the everyday challenges of being a father.
If you have issues that you need to seek support with, this support group may be the place to come. There is no cost for this service and it is open to all fathers, including expecting fathers and male teens.