March 11 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating until March 12, 2017
Time Travelers: A Free Weekend of Richmond History- Featuring 19 Historic Sites in the Region
The Richmond Region’s most renowned historic sites offer visitors a “passport” to time-travel during a special admission-free weekend on Saturday and Sunday, March 11 and 12. Tourists and locals alike are invited to discover the area’s treasures, spanning 400 years of fascinating history and including the homes of John Marshall, Jefferson Davis, John Wickham, Major James Dooley Virginia Randolph and other important Virginians. Participating organizations include The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design, Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia, National Park Service, Preservation Virginia, Maymont, Henrico County Parks & Recreation, American Civil War Museum, Edgar Allan Poe Museum, the Valentine and Wilton House Museum. Each site will offer complimentary admission to visitors who show a Time Travelers Passport, available via download from any website of participating attractions. This special offer equates to savings of more than $65 per person. (Some restrictions may apply and hours per site do vary.)
- Time Travelers A Free Weekend of Richmond History… 19 sites in the Richmond Region!
- Time Travelers Passport – Richmond Region 2017 (print or via your mobile device) Show this passport to receive free admission to any of the sites.
Share your experience! Take a photo of yourself and your friends at your favorite site and post it to your Facebook or Instagram. Tag the site and share the fun!
Henrico’s Historic Sites -This is a special opportunity as some of these sites* are not open on a regular basis. Info: (804) 652-3411
- Clarke-Palmore House,* Sat, Mar 11: 10am-2pm
- Courtney Road Service Station,* Sat Mar 11 & Sun, Mar 12: noon-4pm (no web page)
- Dabbs House Museum, Sat Mar 11 & Sun, Mar 12: 9am-5pm
- Historic Deep Run School,* Sat Mar 11 & Sun, Mar 12: noon-4pm (no web page)
- Meadow Farm Museum, Sat Mar 11 & Sun, Mar 12: noon-4pm
- Virginia Randolph Museum, Sat Mar 11: 1-5pm & Sun, Mar 12: 1-4pm
- Walkerton Tavern, Sat Mar 11: 1-5pm