$87.1 million proposed for Parks
The recommended projects for Henrico’s parks system would provide new and improved facilities, rehabilitate and expand public access to high school athletic fields and support the county’s tourism initiative.
The recommended projects would provide new and improved facilities, rehabilitate and expand public access to high school athletic fields and support the county’s tourism initiative.
- Greenwood Park, which would complete the park’s second and final phase of construction and include additional athletic fields and a stadium, $20 million.
- Dorey Park, additional athletic fields, $6.2 million;
- Cheswick Park, renovation of Henrico’s oldest neighborhood park, $2.1 million;
- Tuckahoe Park, additional athletic fields and a new entrance on Ridgefield Parkway, $16 million
- Tuckahoe Creek Park, second phase of development with parking, $5 million
- Three Lakes Park, renovations, $2.3 million
- Taylor Park, a new 99-acre complex on East Williamsburg Road in Sandston, with athletic fields, trails and playgrounds, $19 million
- Deep Run Park, improvements, $4 million
- High school athletic field rehabilitation, which would upgrade athletic fields at Henrico’s high schools and open them for public use, $12.5 million
Shall Henrico County, Virginia, be authorized to contract a debt and issue its general obligation bonds in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $87,100,000 pursuant to the Public Finance Act of 1991 to finance the construction, renovation, remodeling, furnishing, and equipping of recreation and park facilities, and the acquisition of land necessary for such facilities?