The mission of the Department of Building Construction and Inspections is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the general public by assuring that all buildings, structures and related equipment are constructed, installed and maintained in compliance with the standards contained within the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code and the Henrico County Code.
We are dedicated to providing code enforcement which is commensurate with our customer’s expectations for professionalism and accountability.
We are committed to establishing policies and procedure which:
- Impose no impediments to the construction and use of buildings and structures,
- Are consistent, simple and defensible,
- Are practical, workable and enforceable,
- Minimize confusion and inconvenience, and
- Encourage our customers to offer suggestions for improving the quality and efficiency of our services.
We recognize our employees as a valuable resource to be treated with equality, fairness and justice.