Address:

2950 New Market Road

Henrico, VA

Geo Coordinates:

Description

The Baptist Church of Christ on Four Mile Creek was constituted at Clayton Springs on the 5th of August, 1781. In 1828, church members moved the meeting house four miles west to its present location. In the fall of 1864, Union troops occupied the area and razed the meeting house and surrounding oak grove. Following the Civil War, the congregation rebuilt the church with much community support. These Baptist worshipers had the current sanctuary constructed in 1962. Several area Baptist churches can trace their roots to Four Mile Creek including Gravel Hill, Hardy Central, Saint James and New Life.

Description

The Baptist Church of Christ on Four Mile Creek was constituted at Clayton Springs on the 5th of August, 1781. In 1828, church members moved the meeting house four miles west to its present location. In the fall of 1864, Union troops occupied the area and razed the meeting house and surrounding oak grove. Following the Civil War, the congregation rebuilt the church with much community support. These Baptist worshipers had the current sanctuary constructed in 1962. Several area Baptist churches can trace their roots to Four Mile Creek including Gravel Hill, Hardy Central, Saint James and New Life.