4001 Clarendon Road
DescriptionCedar Hill was constructed ca. 1820 and originally stood off Creighton Road near the Hanover County line. During the Civil War, units of Kershaw’s Division of the Army of the Confederate States set up camp at Cedar Hill and built fortifications on the property. Cedar Hill was donated to the Henrico County Historical Society by the St. Paul’s Baptist Church and moved to Meadowview Park by Henrico County Government in 1998. At that time, the house was one of only 10 remaining story and a half frame houses known to exist in Henrico from the early 19th century.
View Larger Map